Hiking tour: Circular route, Eifelsteig and partner trails
from 309.00 €
On this circular route (approx. 78 km), daily stages are selected which lead to scenic and cultural attractions in the region along the Rur-Olef route, the castle, or “Burgen” route, the “Eifeler Quellenpfad” river source trail and parts of the Eifelsteig.
In the Eifel National Park, the “Eifelsteig” trail takes visitors to impressive natural landscapes. Colourful mixed forests alternate with broad meadows and fields, and rivers such as the Urft and Olef wind through the valleys like a dark blue ribbon, while you can enjoy breathtaking views from the heights. Signposted circular hiking routes, the Eifelsteig partner trails in the north, take you even deeper into the silence and, in some places, pristine nature of the Eifel National Park. As well as the nature experience, you should also plan enough time to visit the attractions along the way. The castle route, or Burgenroute, for example, invites visitors to explore the Middle Ages in the Eifel National Park. The Wildenburg castle near Hellenthal, the Reifferscheid castle ruins in Reifferscheid or the historic town of Blankenheim with its castle, the Tiergarten tunnel and the source of the river Ahr are all waiting to be discovered along the way. The Eifel nature centre in Nettersheim is also well worth a visit. Here, visitors can learn about the flora and fauna of the Eifel region, as well as the history and way of life of the people who live there. The Eifelsteig stage takes hikers along “secret paths” from Urft to Gemünd, through colourful mixed forests and up to the Kuckucksley viewpoint - a real hiking high point in the true sense of the word with an impressive view across the Eifel National Park.
Incidentally, this hiking tour is also well suited for dog owners, since the participating hotels also accept pets.
An overview of the package:
- Day 1: Arrival and overnight stay in Schleiden-Gemünd
- Day 2: Hike from Gemünd to Hellenthal on the Rur-Olef route (approx. 14.6 km). Overnight stay in Hellenthal or Reifferscheid
- Day 3: Hike from Hellenthal to Blankenheim on the “Burgenroute” castle route, the Eifeler Quellenpfad” river source trail and the Eifelsteig (approx. 25 km) Overnight stay in Blankenheim
- Day 4: Hike from Blankenheim to Kall/Steinfeld on the Eifelsteig (approx. 21.8 km). Overnight stay in Kall/Urft
- Day 5: Hike from Kall/Steinfeld to Gemünd on the Eifelsteig (approx. 16.6 km)
Departure or additional night in Gemünd