Stolberg
This house was formerly called Baronshof (formerly Salmagne Brewery or colloquially "Lullu"), because its former resident from about 1765 to 1790 was Baron von Ehrenheim.
Baron Anton Ignaz von Peritzhof zu Ehrenheim
The building, now known as Baronshof, was previously referred to as Salmagne Brewery or colloquially "Lullu." From about 1765 to 1790, it was owned by Baron Anton Hieronymous Ignaz Udalrich von Peritzhof zu Ehrenheim.
The Baron served as a lieutenant in the Croatian Szluiner Regiment and was an adjutant to General Bethlem. In a skirmish, he was injured in his left hand and had to go to Aachen on medical advice. There, he apparently preferred the quiet life to a military career, which was further complicated by his limited hand mobility. Documents indicate that he was even presumed dead by his regiment and was removed from the officer list.
In 1765, he married Anna Maria Therese Brammertz in Aachen, whose inheritance presumably included a house, property, and lands. The Brammertz family had long operated breweries in and around Mausbach. After the wedding, von Ehrenheim had the estate remodeled. On November 17, 1769, he also received permission from the imperial city magistrate to establish a tarpaulin factory.
Financial difficulties, probably due to war losses and an elevated lifestyle, led to conflicts with neighbors. He was sued by the councilor Flamm over a promissory note. The Gressenich court dealt with the matter multiple times and charged the Baron court costs amounting to 123 Reichstalers for the years 1771 to 1787.
Around 1790, von Ehrenheim sold the remodeled Baronshof to Urban Salmagne from Vaals, while he himself left Mausbach. The French army owed him 40,000 Livres. To assert his claims, the Baron traveled to Paris and contacted the authorities. However, the preserved records do not provide any information about the success of his numerous petitions.
Dorfhistorischer Rundweg
52224 Stolberg-Mausbach