About 2500 years ago there was a Celtic urbanisation with pastures on the Dietzenley. The Celtic urbanisation was protected by ring walls of up to 9 meters high and 4 meters wide against attacks.During the volcanic activity around 600.000 years ago, the area around the Dietzenley was covered with volcanic rocks. These rocks are used by the Celtics to build the ring walls.
The Kupferhof Schart is one of Stolberg's earlier courtyard complexes and, despite extensive reconstruction, still clearly shows its original construction.
The school museum Immerath is housed in a historical, half-timbered building originating from 1770, which served as a school until 1910. School development over the past 200 years is clearly documented here.